Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default change permission on a folder like cacls command

Kanan,
Don't use calcs, but check out Shell :
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Program...rnal_Processes

Otherwise the API route
http://forums.devx.com/archive/index.php/t-128836.html

NickHK

"Kanan" wrote in message
I would appreciate if somebody can tell me how I can run a cacls command

in
VBA from EXCEL? I have a procedure that creates a subfolder based on the
user's ntlogin and I want to be able to set the permission to write only

for
that specific user for that subfolder. likewise other subfolders. I am not
sure how I can the do the functionality of cacls command in the Filesystem
object? is this possible?

thanks
Kanan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. It looks like this might be very helpful to what I need to do. I will
give it a try.

thanks for your tip.

Kanan