Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Ian is offline

Default Help file problem

I have been using Excel for many ears and often refer to the online help
when I'm stuck with VBA. No problems until today when it all seems wrong.

Last week I neded to double check something in Access VBA help and
successfully found what I was looking for, but now the Excel VBA help seems
to be opening the Access VBA help instead.

Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it?

--
Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ian,
I've had intermittent Office/VBA Help problems that are annoying, but
generally fixed with an Office restart and/or Windows restart.
Seems to be MSOHelp.exe hanging/erroring rather than the individual help
files causing problems.

Help's ability to locate entries consistently also seems flakey.
Certainly not a reliable system, IMHO.

NickHK

"Ian" wrote in message
I have been using Excel for many ears and often refer to the online help
when I'm stuck with VBA. No problems until today when it all seems wrong.

Last week I neded to double check something in Access VBA help and
successfully found what I was looking for, but now the Excel VBA help

seems
to be opening the Access VBA help instead.

Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it?

--
Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Ian is offline

I've tried a cold restart, but the results are the same.

I agree that Help isn't wonderful. As you say, finding the same reference a
second time is sometime impossible, but at the moment it would be good if
Help looked in the right file!!

I think the next move is a repair installation when I get the time.

--
Ian