Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default get actual date from variable text string

The one that you presented that isn't recognized as a date is 113006; Excel
will convert the others automatically. You can convert unpunctuated strings
using the text to columns wizard. Select the cell (or contiguous vertical
range of cells) with the unrecognized date format, go to Data menu Text To
Columns. Click Next twice, and in step 3 select the date format option in
the top right, then in the dropdown choose a string for the existing date
format (e.g., MDY).

Option two is to visit the users with a large blunt object.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Richard" wrote in message
I'm importing dates that are from a text field filled in by numerous
people,
so it could be in a host of formats.
e.g. 30-Nov-06 or 113006 or 11/30/2006 or November 30th, 2006.

How can I convert to true Excel Date format?

(I realize there may be no macro that gets it right all the time.)
--
Richard