Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Difficult find and move

Ok here is a challenge.
Sheet with ~30,000 items each in a separate row with details including
supplier number, description etc in each column. They are categorised
into 3 levels eg, Consumables:Canon:Ink Cartrideges. Each level of
description is in a separate column. On our website the first level are
available to click on, however my problem is that I want to put some
things into a different 1st level category. Like things that has a 1st
level category of "systems software" and I want to change that to
"Software" to cut down the number of 1st level categories. I could just
do a find and replace on that column but I would like to move what is
originally 1st level into 2nd level and what is 2nd level into 3rd
level.

Could we do a find then copy level 2 into level 3 then level 1 into
level 2 then just do a replace on what is left in level 1. My issue is
that I don't know how to implement this with a find and then loop
plus multiple categories. If you need a better explanation please ask!
Sorry it is a bit tricky to explain.