Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code question

The following -

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel
As Boolean)

Dim rng As Range
Dim MyLastCol As Integer
Dim MyLastRow As String
Dim rows, p
Set rng =
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlCe llTypeLastCell)
MyLastRow = rng.Row

rows = "A1:A" & MyLastRow
If Not Intersect(Target, Range(rows)) Is Nothing Then
Cancel = True
p = InputBox("Enter Year", , "1952")
If Len(p) = 4 Then
Select Case p
Case 1952 To 1974
Stop
End Select

.... is meant to display an input box.

Sometimes though, it will just select (move to) the first or last cell
in the column. I can't figure out why. Does anyone know?

Thanks - Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's not your code.

It's your mousing ability. If you click on the top edge of a cell, then excel
will treat that like End|UpArrow.

If you click on the bottom edge of a cell, then excel will treat that like
End|DownArrow.

You can change an excel setting so this won't happen, but I don't think you'll
like what you have to turn off:

Tools|Options|Edit tab|Uncheck "Allow cell drag and drop".

I find that it's just better to swear loudly and be more careful!

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Dave.