Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using filename hyperlinks in Macros

Hello Everyone,

Here is the problem I am having......

I am trying to automatically attach a file to an email in Outlook every
week...right now the file is attaching and going to my drafts in
outlook, which is perfect.

The problem is that the filename changes every week. Right now the
name of the file is:

M:\Pricing\Weekly AUD and CAD\Canadian\2006.12.15 CAD Pricing.xls

Next week, the file will be:
M:\Pricing\Weekly AUD and CAD\Canadian\2006.12.27 CAD Pricing.xls

I have a formula in Excel that concatenates the file name and a formula
that creates it as a hyperlink and it opens...which is fine.

BUT- when I run the macro it doesn't attach the file when I use the
concatenated/hyperlink formula....however it did attach when I
hyperlinked the file on my own

I have a lot of files......and I need to do them weekly....so thats why
it would be difficult to this manually

In the end, I need a macro/formula/anything that can concatenate the
file name and then hyperlink it AND still work when I run my
macro...ANY help would be awesome!

Thanks everyone and happy holidays!