Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default OleObject really embedded in cell - not as shape overlay

Any object added to a worksheet is placed in a drawing layer above (in front
of) the worksheet cells. The add-in you mention may appear to put objects
into the cells, but it does not. It may give this effect by carefully sizing
and positioning the object, then selecting Move and Copy With Cells (Format
Object Properties tab), which in VBA is Object.Placement = xlMoveAndSize.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Ray Men" <Ray wrote in message
I have problems with hundreds of shapes lying on the cells while working
with
the sheet (sorting, resizing, etc). The shapes/Objects become missplaced,
oversized, unrelated.

Is it possible to insert graphic objects directly into the cells as if
they
would be characters ? I use Excel 2003 and I saw an Excel-Addin doing
this.
How can I do it by myself using VBA/DLL/... ?

Thousend thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no way to put an object "in" a cell. You can use a formula like
this to return a "drawing" which is constructed with special fonts (like two
of the popular sparkline graphic programs on the market), and you can also
use such a function to manipulate drawing objects and presumably importable
images. If you send me a workbook with a few of these molecular structures,
I will see if I can make sense of it. Use the subject line of this thread in
the email, and demunge my email address in the obvious way.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Ray Men" wrote in message
The Excel-Addin "ISIS for Excel" from MDL shows chemical structures in
cells.
If you click on the graphic in cell, the cell itself is selected as it
would
contain a simple value. It is not possible to select the graphic.
In the formula field you can see a function like
"=ISISExcel_StructureLink3("KHSOWS")"
Describtion is he http://www.mdl.com/products/pdfs/mdlife_newds.pdf

I need such functionality but I could not find any information on how to
do
that as they do it.

Thanks
Ray