Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SQL database

I retrieve data from a SQL database (AspenTech IP21) from within VBA.
No problem at all. But for those who know teh AspenTech database, know that
Aspentech realtime scans values and put them into the database.
In this database, there is running an algorithm that compresses these
database, this means, when a scanned value not has been changed in compare
with last saved data, the data will not be saved in the database.
So far so good. That would be nice for me, but the problem is, when a
datapoint doesn't change within 10 minutes, it will be put also in the
database.

My problem is, when I retrieve data from this database, I will get these
values back:

12-12-2006 0:00 1 *
12-12-2006 0:10 1
12-12-2006 0:20 1
12-12-2006 0:23 0 *
12-12-2006 0:33 0
12-12-2006 0:35 1 *
12-12-2006 0:38 0 *
12-12-2006 0:45 1 *
12-12-2006 0:55 1

My point is, at the moment I will get all above values and timestamp when I
select between 12-12-2006 0:00 and 12-12-2006 1:00, but I only want the
values and timestamps back where the value changes (marked with an asteriks)
Is there any SQL command that could do this filtering for me?!?!?

Thanks in advance.....

Paul