Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default xlBook.SaveAs (documentName) when file open by another process

When I attempt to use the line -
xlBook.SaveAs (documentName)
to save an excek document I have created (or edited), I get an error
when this document is open by another process. I'm creating this excel
doc within visio and the problem will occur if the client already has
this file open with excel. How might I handle this situation?

Thanks for your help,

Barry.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Barry,
Remove the (..) from your statement. You are not using the return value
(well there is not one as its a sub), so you do not they are not used

NickHK

oups.com...