Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default detect duplicity by 1 scanning

Hi,

I'm still working on my VBA code regarding software audit report.
as I wrote in my previous post on sheet1 I have several columns.

For example, column A contains "publisher name", column B contains
"software name", column C contains "version" and column D contains
"computer_barcode"

an interesting answer to my previous post was to use collection to scan
once my sheet in order to count how many time a "publisher name +
software name + version" couple is detected/installed on computer.

However, on the same computer (same "computer_barcode") the same
"publisher name + software name + version" can be detected several times
(result of several installation but in different folders).

Therefore i would like to filter it and only count once occurence
"publisher name + software name + version" if it is detected several
times for the same "computer_barcode".

example - Something like that can be :
Publisher_Name Software_Name Version Barcode
Microsoft Access 2003 NOTE0250
Microsoft Outlook 2003 NOTE0120
Pub1 App1 1.0 NOTE0250
Pub1 App1 1.0 NOTE0250
Pub2 App2 2.254 PC0245
Microsoft Access XP NOTE0123
Microsoft Access XP PC1451

therefore, for the couple Microsoft Access XP we should get "2", but for
Pub1 App1 1.0 we should get "1".

How can i do that ?
i was thinking to extend my collection object but how ?

thanks a lot,
Al.