Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "Cannot quit Excel" after tried to access protected WB

Hi,

I have a protected WB and WS with VBA code. If I open it and go to
"View code", I need to enter the password. Right.

If I Cancel, I get "System error &H80004005 (-2147467259)" and
"Undefiend error" message.

If I close VBA editor, and try to close Excel, it tell "Cannot quit
Excel". The only thing I can do is to end the excel process.

There are nothing in call stack. What can I do to be able to end excel
normally? Is there any open processes I can't see but that can be ended
with VBA on Workbook_Close event maybe?

Happy to any suggestions,
Tskogstrom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Isn't Quit just VBA but the same I do now manually? Or will Quit handle
open processes/locked memory/"somethings" in another way?

/Regards
tskogstrom

Madhan skrev:

Hi, if you have access to the code, then try giving Application.Quit in the
code.

"tskogstrom" wrote:

Hi,

I have a protected WB and WS with VBA code. If I open it and go to
"View code", I need to enter the password. Right.

If I Cancel, I get "System error &H80004005 (-2147467259)" and
"Undefiend error" message.

If I close VBA editor, and try to close Excel, it tell "Cannot quit
Excel". The only thing I can do is to end the excel process.

There are nothing in call stack. What can I do to be able to end excel
normally? Is there any open processes I can't see but that can be ended
with VBA on Workbook_Close event maybe?

Happy to any suggestions,
Tskogstrom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With all WSs and WB protected and VBA code password protected, I cannot get
this to happen.
Either the WB may be corrupt or your code is running/in break mode at that
time.

NickHK

ups.com...