Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DisplayOutline

Hi,

Can anyone help?

I always get True for ActiveWindow.DisplayOutline regardless if I
really have an outline or not. Has this to do with my Excel being 2002?

I need to determine if the sheet has an outline so as to collapse to
the appropriate level.

Rgds,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think that's the equivalent of checking
Tools|options|view tab|outline symbols

Maybe you could use something like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim myRow As Range
Dim IsOutLineUsed As Boolean

IsOutLineUsed = False
For Each myRow In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows
If myRow.OutlineLevel 1 Then
IsOutLineUsed = True
Exit For
End If
Next myRow

MsgBox IsOutLineUsed

End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Dave.

Somehow my Excel 2002 does not come with this option:
Tools|options|view tab|outline symbols

I guess the equivalent is Ctrl-8. No?

Rgds,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look again. You'll see Outline Symbols in the bottom section in the middle
column.

But that's for viewing those symbols to the left of the worksheet.

KC VBA Qns wrote:

Thanks, Dave.

Somehow my Excel 2002 does not come with this option:
Tools|options|view tab|outline symbols

I guess the equivalent is Ctrl-8. No?

Rgds,

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks again.

My eyes must have played a trick earlier on. I thought I checked a
couple of times before writing.

Rgds,