Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default prevent location change before saving

Albert,
You can use the _BeforeSave event to control how/where users save the file.
And if they are trying to SaveAs by checking the SaveAsUI value.
It everything is not OK, set Cancel=True.

However, if the user disables macros or events, this will not work.
And if they merely copy/move from windows, there is obviously nothing Excel
can do.

NickHK

"Albert" wrote in message
Hi.
I have a network on which several people work.
I am a little bit worried about information leakage, and I would like to
know if there is a way of preventing people from saving the networked
workbooks to a location different from the one I can supervise. Is this
possible?
Best regards,
Albert C