Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting of fields

Hi Jeff,

You can achieve this via conditional formatting. To do this:
.. select the range you want the formatting to apply to
.. use Format|ConditionalFormatting and:
. set 'Condition 1' to 'Formula is'
. key in the formula '=MOD(ROW()-1,4)1' (without the quotes)
. use Format|Patterns to apply the greeen background
. click 'OK', 'OK'.
This formatting will automatically re-do the alternate shadings whenever
rows are added or deleted.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"JeffH" wrote in message
HI,

Does anyone know if it is possible to programmatically reset an excel
spreadsheet such that every third and fourth row are a different

background
color but yet the first two rows are left untouched? I have a user that

is
trying to format the first two rows with a default background and then the
third and fourth rows to be formatted with a green-bar background and
continue on in the spreadsheet using this technique. The problem here is
that if a row gets added into the spreadsheet, then the user needs to
reformat everything. I'm thinking that a macro could do it but I'm not

well
versed in Excel macros.

Thanks in advance,
JeffH