Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default calling external routines

I've just converted and old Quickbasic program into excel but i'm stuck on 1
problem which I'm not even sure can be done. I want to call and run an MS DOS
batch file from within a VB macro.

Precisely the batch file is called "importdatafiles.bat' and all it does is
use FTP to tramsfer a few data files from a server to my hard drive.

Is it best (or possible) to call the .bat file and if so how or is there
another way within excel to import the files.

Thanks in advance,

Mike