Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
zz zz is offline

Default Custom msgbox help needed!!!

hi everyone, it's me again buggin off with me little project that's driving
me insane.

this time is somthing i just like to call a nice feature in my VBA based
app.

i hace created a custom msgbox that show a different image depending on the
typeofmsg parameter i pass into a function

i kindda declare my function like follows:

public function showmsg (msg as string,title as string, typeofmsg as
integer)

into the function you can see [ actually not yet, til i finish my project]

'/// important, i set the frmMsg properties because i use the same userform
everytime i need to display a msg.

frmMsg.LblMsg.caption=Msg '// this is the message displayed

frmMsg.Caption= title ' // this is the title of my custom Msgbox

'// here i select if the typeofmsg is equal to an errormsg or a wrningmsg or
an allOKmsg
select case typeofmsg
case is =1
frmMsg.Pct.Picture=IMG1 ' //IMG1 is an object containing the errormsg
image
case is =2
frmMsg.Pct.Picture=IMG2 ' //IMG2 is an object containing the wrningmsg
image
case is =3
frmMsg.Pct.Picture=IMG3 ' //IMG3 is an object containing the allOKmsg
image

end select

till this point everything works just fine

every time i call showmsg("Crap!","Told you!!",1)

the nice popup windows does it's job.

but now i need an extra from this lil ' fellow, i need it to return a
value, like the regular msgbox

EG,

when i say X=msgbox("dude!, what are you smokin' ?, are you for real??
",VByesnocancel,"be aware, your files will be deleted!!!")

i can know if X=VByes or X=VBno

so now, i need ideas about implementing this in my function

any help will be welcome!!!!

thanks in advantage!!

--
---
zz [MX]

Custom MsgBox David A. Excel Worksheet Functions 1 July 13th 07 09:40 PM
Custom Msgbox? Stefi Excel Programming 4 July 31st 06 10:12 AM
Simple Msgbox needed johncassell[_40_] Excel Programming 2 February 24th 06 05:57 PM
How Do I Get Custom Captions For MsgBox Buttons Minitman[_4_] Excel Programming 6 January 20th 06 04:04 AM
help needed with msgbox Marcus Bischoff \(AnW/P-AB9\) Excel Programming 3 June 29th 04 01:58 PM