Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Day v Date

=text(a1,"dddd")

But you could just format the cell with the date in it to show the date and day.

Give it a custom format like:

mm/dd/yyyy* dddd

TheRook wrote:

This is prob a simple one, but I am not thinking straight at this time of the
night.

I have cells populated with dates and want the day of the week in words to
automatically be populated in the next cell.

What formula do I use.

regards

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just add the new hours and format the result as date/time.

But remember 1 hour = 1/24 to excel. (And one day is 24/24 or just 1 to excel.)

so
=a1+(36/24)
(and change the format)

TheRook wrote:

That worked a treat, thanks.

Another one, I have formatted the date cell as custom dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm this
is the date and time an operation is to start. What I am also wanting to do
is calculate the date and time the operation is to finish. ie the operation
starts 09/12/2006 @ 06:00 it tkes 36 hours so it should result 11/12/2006
18:00

How do I do this?