Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default application.caller

Thanks.

Is there a reliable way to get a value of calling cell? So the UDF can
return that value under some circumstances.

Cheers,
Alex.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

? cvErr(xlErrRef)
Error 2023

this is the same as the #Ref error

I doubt it is caused by application caller, but more likely by the argument
you are furnishing to the function.

Tom Ogilvy

"Alexander" wrote:

Hi,

Application.Caller in my UDF function is always Error 2023 (called due to
the cell change). Why?

Cheers,
Alex.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

set rng = Application.Caller

v = rng.Value

will give you the value of the cell containing the formula (which is
considered the calling cell).

Tom Ogilvy

"Alexander" wrote:

Hi,

Application.Caller in my UDF function is always Error 2023 (called due
the cell change). Why?

Cheers,
Alex.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That results in a circular reference.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Alexander" wrote:

Hi,

Application.Caller in my UDF function is always Error 2023 (called due
the cell change). Why?

Cheers,
Alex.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming