Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Question on how to do a COUNTIF type of statement

I'm trying to get a formula that will give me the % of specified
numbers that equal's less that 80%, in my spreadsheet I have numbers
that identify accounts in column B and in column C I have the
percentage's. I was able to figure out part of step 1 which was
counting the number of times the acount is found on the list, since it
can be listed several times, which was =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$65536,"7") but
I couldn't figure out how to do a countif the value = more than one
number, for example, I would need to count every cell that = 7, 50, 32,
70. and then after I get that I would have to figure out how I could
count C2:C65536 if the B cell = 7, 50, 32, or 70 and the C cell = less
than 80% and then so the divisional math to figure out what percentage
was less than 80%. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

If you place the Account numbers you are interested in D1:D4, then enter
in E1

=SUMPRODUCT(($B$2:$B$65535=D1)*($C$2:$C$65535<80%) )
and copy down through E2:E4

If you want to include accounts where the value is 80% then change the
formula to <=80%
--
Regards

Roger Govier