Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default File Object properties for Photos...

I always assumed all that extra info was stored in the jpg file itself.
Are you getting the *hover* infomation from windows explorer or from the
camera software ?

Steve

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:27:02 -0000, Neily
wrote:

When I put photos from my Canon camera onto my computer, I hover the
cursor
over the file and it tells me the model of the camera and the "Date
Taken"
the date the photo was taken on.

Now I messed about and found File Object code...
Sub ShowFileInfo(filespec)
Dim fs, f, s
Set f = fs.GetFile(filespec)
s = f.DateCreated
MsgBox s
End Sub

...and found I could return the file attributes such as Date Created and
Date Modified.

Does anyone know if there is a way to bring back the Date Taken attribute
from my image files taken with my camera.

Ta.

Neily again.