Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding Extra Data Row to Chart via Macro

I have a sheets with charts whose series, for example, go from A3 A11
(X) to B3 B11 (Y), another chart ranging from A6A11(x) C6C11 (Y) and so
on..

Everytime I add a row of data I manually have to add the new point to
each chart.

Is is possible to select a chart and run a macro that would, for
instance, substitute a number I choose in the data range for another
one? That way I would be able to change the boundaries of each chart
faster.

Many thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

It seems like you need the help of a dynamic chat. The chart updates
itself when new data is added to the bottom of the range. Meaning you
don't have to update the chart manually. A very good example of
dynamic ranges can be found here.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...umnChart1.html

Good luck working it out.

Marcus

wrote:
I have a sheets with charts whose series, for example, go from A3 A11
(X) to B3 B11 (Y), another chart ranging from A6A11(x) C6C11 (Y) and so
on..

Everytime I add a row of data I manually have to add the new point to
each chart.

Is is possible to select a chart and run a macro that would, for
instance, substitute a number I choose in the data range for another
one? That way I would be able to change the boundaries of each chart
faster.

Many thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I was going to suggest this, but Marcus beat me to it. But there's also a
little utility I've made that will do a straight text substitution in the
chart series formulas:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html

- Jon
-------