Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default EXCEL VBA + Microsoft Flexgrid

Hello,

On my computer I use Windows XP Pro, EXCEL 2003 and MS Visual Studio 6. I
developed some EXCEL makros that use the Microsoft Flexgrid. I could add
Flexgrid to the EXCEL dialogs because of the availability of Visual Studio.

Now, if my Makros are executed on other computers it occurs that the Makros
will not start. In this case the VBA debugger always points on the first
line with

..... object.flexgrid. ....

What do I have to do to assure that my Makros can be executed on other
computers?

Thank you for any support!

Best regards,
Christian Lehmann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Christian,

ASSUMING that FlexGrid is a redistributable file in design mode (and that's
a big assumption -- most controls that come with VS are redistributable in
execution mode, but since VBA is essentially always in design mode, you'd
need a design-time license for the control -- see the file "redist.txt" in
your VS6 folder), you would need to distribute the file MSFLXGRD.ocx to each
user, have them copy that file to their "C:\Windows\System32" folder and
then use RegSvr32 to register the control with Windows.

On each user's machine, go to the Windows Start Menu, choose Run, and enter
the following, with quotes, and click OK:

RegSvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\MSFLXGRD.ocx"

You should get a message indicating that the operation was a success. You
could write VBA or VBS code to automate the copy and registration
operations.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson