Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Correct way to implement floating combobox?

I think I'd consider using Data|validation on the cells in that column first.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for a bunch of instructions:

If that doesn't work, maybe just creating a single combobox and moving it to the
activecell would be better than adding a lot of comboboxes.

Rick K wrote:

I need to provide a predefined list of options for a given cell on every row
via dropdown. Can excel do this with a floating combobox refenced on that
row via events and current cell or do I have to create a combobox on every
row? This is basically a data entry sheet for customer and this is req.
format? Any help on best practice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How old? It was added in xl97.

Rick K wrote:

Will Data Validation work with office 2000 and older? And thanks for the
link. It really helped.