Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code for Returning to Last Active Worksheet Please

This should work from the sheet where you were before firing the macro.
However, WHY are you going to another sheet in the first place. It is rarely
necessarry to do so. Your instructions could be a msgbox or a userform or ?

Sub gobacktosheet()
Previous = ActiveSheet.Index
Application.Goto Sheets("sheet2").Range("a2")
MsgBox "Hi"
Sheets(Previous).Select

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Carl" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me the code to use in a macro to return the user to the
last
active worksheet? The user is being sent to a worksheet containing
instructions but needs to be able to return to the last worksheet visited.
"ActiveSheet.Previous.Select" did not work. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about marking the instruction sheet?

Sub gotoinstructionsheet()' to goto Instruction sheet
Previous = ActiveSheet.Name
Application.Goto Sheets("Instructions").Range("a2")'any cell
ActiveCell = Previous
End Sub

Sub gobacktoprev()'attach to button on Instruction sheet
Previous = Range("a2")'same cell as above
Sheets(Previous).Select

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Carl" wrote in message
Thanks, Don. Good question. I have one major worksheet containing hundreds
of
rows of instructions so the user can find/print them all from one place. I
could not use the command [Application.Goto Sheets("sheet2").Range("a2")]
since I don't know from which sheet they have come. Thanks again.

?