Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default vba pw prompt undesired for end users

I have an Excel 2000 workbook which I password protected the vba code. Some
people are telling me when they open my workbook and try and use it by
clicking on the command buttons I programmed, they are prompted for a
password. Normally, the workbook should open and ask them if they want to
enable macros, which they should say yes for my application and then the
application would run. What do I need to do so users can use the workbook
without being prompted for a password upon clicking on one of my programmed
command buttons?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd ask them if they opened the workbook with macros disabled.

If they don't enable macros, then your macros won't run. And by double clicking
(frustration makes the click in quick succession), excel thinks that they want
to edit the code.

And since the project is protected, they get prompted for a password.

And if they have macro security set for high, they won't even get prompted to
allow macros. Tell them to change the security level to medium and allow macros
to run--or change the security level to low and never be prompted (MS recommends
against this low setting, though).

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

(frustration makes the click in quick succession)
should be
(frustration makes them click in quick succession)