Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default name location relative

How do I keep the location of a name relative?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assign a variable to it like myNameLoc = Range("WhereItIs") then simply stick
myNameLoc in when you want to refer to the Name location. I'm not sure what
you meant by relative, but this is the best I can offer.

"crapit" wrote:

How do I keep the location of a name relative?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This the example.
Workbook1.xls and Workbook2.xls contain sheet1 (that contain similar
names - "hash"). Both "table" and "platform" worksheet use name reference
in sheet1. If I copy workbook1.xls to a network drive and copy worksheet
"platform" (from workbook2.xls) to workbook1.xls, the name reference in
"platform" will refer to 'c:\[sheet1]'!hash

Assuming both workbook are store in C:\
Workbook1.xls contains
worksheet "sheet1"
worksheet "table"