Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Variable Execution speed of VBA Code

I have a macro running in the background of Excel. For a while, it was
running very fast. Then, w/o changing anything (that I can figure out, at
least), it started running at about 5% of the former speed. Then, again w/o
making any real changes, it started running more quickly. I was thrilled for
a day, and now it is back to its bad habits. Any thoughts? Is there a
compiler in the background that I am unknowingly turning off/on?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It will depend on the other running tasks that are occupying the CPU at that
time.
Any virus scan, back up, network stuff going on?
What about file Indexing ?

If you slow/fast Excel setups are the same, look at what the OS is doing ?

NickHK