Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DB DB is offline

Default really stuck...

I have a file on excel that contains many text entries of peoples names.....

A10 has Ken in it
A11 has Bill in it
A12 has Alan in it etc etc etc....

I want to copy these names over to K10
K11
K12..............

The first column is set for text......but i tried the autosum and told it
that K10 = A10,,,,i thought it would just copy the text of the persons name
but it didnt, it just has =SUM(A10) in the cell.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm sure there must be a simple solution but i'm stuck and can't find it.
Can you put me out of my misery and tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Many Many thanks

Dave :))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DB DB is offline

Got the answer and the ticking off.........

Thanks Jim/Pete

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
Answered in the Misc group.