Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "cheap" way of saving array

Hello.
I work with very large arrays (50000 x 15) that often have to be transferred
through my network.
What is the cheapest way (resource-wise) way to transfer this array from one
computer to the other?
Should I create a CSV?
Should I transfer it as an Excel workbook?
Is there a better way?
I thank you in advance for your advice.
Albert C.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Using .cvs files allows transfers:

1. without worrying about the version of Excel in the recipient's computers
2. without worrying about the security levels in the recipient's computers
3. in a form that can be manually inspected
4. in a form that can usually be ZIP'ed to a high level of compression

The issue is why wouldn't you ?
--
Gary's Student

"Albert" wrote:

Hello.
I work with very large arrays (50000 x 15) that often have to be transferred
through my network.
What is the cheapest way (resource-wise) way to transfer this array from one
computer to the other?
Should I create a CSV?
Should I transfer it as an Excel workbook?
Is there a better way?
I thank you in advance for your advice.
Albert C.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I'd just keep the data in an excel file. If the data is used in several
workbooks, I'd think about putting that common data in a single workbook,
though.

I gotta believe you'd save more resources ($$$) by not having to fiddle with the
data--and not having the recipient fiddle with it at his/her end.

Albert wrote:

Hello.
I work with very large arrays (50000 x 15) that often have to be transferred
through my network.
What is the cheapest way (resource-wise) way to transfer this array from one
computer to the other?
Should I create a CSV?
Should I transfer it as an Excel workbook?
Is there a better way?
I thank you in advance for your advice.
Albert C.

--