Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't send email from Excel with CDO

I'm trying to send a simple email from excel. No attachments. I
downloaded this script using CDO (???), but when it goes to send the
email (at .send) , I get the following error:

-- The "SendUsing" configuration is invalid. <---

Can anyone help?!

Thanks.

John

___

Sub Mail_Small_Text()
Dim iMsg As Object
Dim iConf As Object
Dim strbody As String
' Dim Flds As Variant

Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

strbody = "Hi there" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"This is line 1" & vbNewLine & _
"This is line 2" & vbNewLine & _
"This is line 3" & vbNewLine & _
"This is line 4"

With iMsg

Set .Configuration = iConf
.To = "
.CC = ""
.BCC = ""
.From = """Joe Smith"" "
.Subject = "Important message"
.TextBody = strbody
.Send ' <----GETS ERROR HERE
End With

Set iMsg = Nothing
Set iConf = Nothing

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:
I'm trying to send a simple email from excel. No attachments. I
downloaded this script using CDO (???), but when it goes to send the
email (at .send) , I get the following error:

-- The "SendUsing" configuration is invalid. <---

Can anyone help?!

[cut]

Hi John,

try he

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy