Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA edit menu actions

I just changed to a new computer, fresh load of Office 2003, does
anyone out there have any idea why my Edit Find command, or Edit--
replaced commands no longer show thier dialog box on screen?

Very odd behavior.

CB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you tried re-setting the toolbars.
Do Ctrl-F & Ctrl-H

Is the cursor in a code module

Regards,
Peter T

"Craig B" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just changed to a new computer, fresh load of Office 2003, does
anyone out there have any idea why my Edit Find command, or Edit--
replaced commands no longer show thier dialog box on screen?

Very odd behavior.

CB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yeah tried that, if I hit the short cuts or go throught the menu the
VBA IDE shows up as "FIND" in the alt-tab menu, it is like its
visibility is set to false, which I thought was just odd.

Thanks for the input however.

Craig B

On Nov 9, 2:28 pm, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions wrote:
Have you tried re-setting the toolbars.
Do Ctrl-F & Ctrl-H

Is the cursor in a code module

Regards,
Peter T

"Craig B" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

I just changed to a new computer, fresh load of Office 2003, does
anyone out there have any idea why my Edit Find command, or Edit--
replaced commands no longer show thier dialog box on screen?

Very odd behavior.

CB- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't quite follow that, when doing what.

Dim ctr As Object
For Each ctr In _
Application.VBE.CommandBars(1).Controls("Edit").Co ntrols
Debug.Print ctr.Caption, ctr.Enabled, ctr.Visible
Next

They might not be enabled but should be visible

Regards,
Peter T

"Craig B" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh and yes I have my cursor in a code window, it disappears, like the
focus has switched to the nonexsistent dialog box.

CB

On Nov 9, 2:28 pm, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions wrote:
Have you tried re-setting the toolbars.
Do Ctrl-F & Ctrl-H

Is the cursor in a code module

Regards,
Peter T

"Craig B" wrote in

ooglegroups.com...

I just changed to a new computer, fresh load of Office 2003, does
anyone out there have any idea why my Edit Find command, or Edit--
replaced commands no longer show thier dialog box on screen?

Very odd behavior.

CB- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure but may be the dialog has been pushed off-screen (during a change
of the screen resolution) and not restored correctly.
If you increase your screen resolution (if possible), can you see it ?

[ I was going to suggest using Spy++ to find the window, but after a check
(on my system where that dialog is clearly visible and shown as class
"#32770 (Dialog)"), Spy++ cannot subsequently find it in a search and it
does not appear as a child of the VBE main window, class
"wndclass_desked_gsk". So I don't know if FindWindow/FindWindowEx/MoveWindow
will work]

NickHK

"Craig B" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh and yes I have my cursor in a code window, it disappears, like the
focus has switched to the nonexsistent dialog box.

CB

On Nov 9, 2:28 pm, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions wrote:
Have you tried re-setting the toolbars.
Do Ctrl-F & Ctrl-H

Is the cursor in a code module

Regards,
Peter T

"Craig B" wrote in

ooglegroups.com...

I just changed to a new computer, fresh load of Office 2003, does
anyone out there have any idea why my Edit Find command, or Edit--
replaced commands no longer show thier dialog box on screen?

Very odd behavior.

CB- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Pete,
You rock!

Thanks for the assistance, that did the trick.

Appreciate everyone's assistance with this amazingly annoying issue.
Didn't think I used those functions as much as I do!

Craig

Peter T wrote:
I don't quite follow that, when doing what.

Dim ctr As Object
For Each ctr In _
Application.VBE.CommandBars(1).Controls("Edit").Co ntrols
Debug.Print ctr.Caption, ctr.Enabled, ctr.Visible
Next

They might not be enabled but should be visible

Regards,
Peter T

ups.com...