Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbook Open?

How can I test to see if a particular workbook is open?

Thanks,
Art
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are a few ways

But I like to use a function like this

Sub test()
If bIsBookOpen("test.xls") Then
MsgBox "Open"
Else
MsgBox "Not Open"

Function bIsBookOpen(ByRef szBookName As String) As Boolean
' Rob Bovey
On Error Resume Next
bIsBookOpen = Not (Application.Workbooks(szBookName) Is Nothing)
End Function

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"ArthurJ" wrote in message ...
How can I test to see if a particular workbook is open?

Thanks,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try This

Sub Chk_IsFileOpen()
On Error GoTo Handler
If Windows(Print_File).Visible = True Then
Exit Sub
Handler:
Call Open_File_For_Printing
Helping Is always a good thing

"ArthurJ" wrote:

How can I test to see if a particular workbook is open?

Thanks,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My prefered method...This one opens the book if it is not open...

dim wbk as workbook

on error resume next
set wbk = workbooks("MyBook.xls")
on error goto 0

if wbk is nothing then
msgbox "Opening the book now"
set wbk = workbooks.Open("C:\MyBook.xls")
end if
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"ArthurJ" wrote:

How can I test to see if a particular workbook is open?

Thanks,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim,
You answered this ages ago, I know, but how could I adapt your code to look
for the file in our main server. Would I include the filepath as:

set wbk = workbooks("\\servername\serversubdirectory\MyBook. xlsx") ?

Oh... and thanks :)