Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RW RW is offline

Default OLE and excel on Windows 2003 server

I have following issue with excel macros and (what I believe) Windows 2003
server local security regardless if I setup macro security to low or
create locally cert and sign macro VB code with it I have no problem opening
this excel workbook locally on server by double clicking on excel template
file stored locally on server, but if I try to launch same excel file thru
OLE triggered by ERP application task on event (having still VB code sign
or macros security set to low) I get message saying that macro is set to
high,sign as trusted ??? some how windows knows that another application is
trying to open this excel workbook and does not allow macros eventhough it is
signed and set to be trusted, does any know how to fix that? Reason Im
thinking this is due to windows 2003 security is because same excel workbook
work perfectly fine on W2k server, before we migrated ERP app to newer
hardwar and windows 2003 OS

Tia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd look at the account settings and the policy for the logon type the
application is using.

Control Panel|Admin Tools|Local Security Policy\Local Policies

Also check the event logs for clues.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"RW" wrote:
|I have following issue with excel macros and (what I believe) Windows 2003
| server local security. regardless if I setup macro security to "low" or
| create locally cert and sign macro VB code with it I have no problem
opening
| this excel workbook locally on server by double clicking on excel template
| file stored locally on server, but if I try to launch same excel file thru
| OLE triggered by ERP application task "on event" (having still VB code
sign
| or macros security set to low) I get message saying that macro is set to
| high,sign as trusted ??? some how windows "knows" that another application
is
| trying to open this excel workbook and does not allow macros eventhough it
is
| signed and set to be trusted, does any know how to fix that? Reason I'm
| thinking this is due to windows 2003 security is because same excel
workbook
| work perfectly fine on W2k server, before we migrated ERP app to newer
| hardwar and windows 2003 OS
|
| Tia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Opening an Excel file from Explorer (by the double click) invokes DDE.
Your ERP app uses COM.

Not sure of the user/server/admin settings, but COM+/DCOM config may be
somewhere to look.

NickHK