Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Web Publish Pivot Table: Enable NoDragToHide using OWC

I have read many helpful articles regarding excel Web-Publishing
http://www.devx.com/webdev/Article/10172#codeitemarea

What is not said is that the Office Web Components do NOT behave as we might
expect when publishing Pivot Tables as HTML in interactive mode

I have found to my disappointment that a pivot table (or a chart published
from a pivot table) using an OLAP source does not €ślock down€ť the page
fields, row fields, column fields and data fields in the published HTML even
when the €śDragTo€¦€ť properties in the Excel are set False to prevent this.

Giving over-enthusiastic users a free pivot can mean a well-presented report
trashed in seconds.

What I am seeking (and I suspect a great many OLAP report designers require)
is a report between static HTML and €śfull interactive pivot€ť

I cannot think I have missed some property setting because the HTML
generated by Excel contains <NoDragToPage/ tags

Amazingly though Google has only four hits on NoDragToPage - all schema
related and not related to user experience

Excel is NOT good in its documentation for interactive pivot.

Thanks for any response you can provide€¦

Simon Masters
--
Another lunatic running the asylum