Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default New to Microsoft Treeview Control

Noticed on the Controls Toolbox (for the first time) a button labeled
"More Controls". When I click on this, it shows me a list of 200+
other controls - one of which is Microsoft Treeview Control.

I selected this and put it on my worksheet. But looking at its
properties, there aren't a lot there.

For instance, how do I tell it where my input values are?

Can someone point me in the right direction so I can start using this?
Thanks.

Dennis Hancy
Eaton Corporation
Cleveland, O

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might want to consider what you intend to to with it.

Many of the controls are registered there because they have been distributed
with some other application. It doesn't mean you necessarily have the rights
to distribute it nor can you assume that another user will have it on their
machine.

In any event, are you look at it in the object browser. Did you look at the
Nodes add method?

Assuming an MS treeview 6.x or 5.

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

Noticed on the Controls Toolbox (for the first time) a button labeled
"More Controls". When I click on this, it shows me a list of 200+
other controls - one of which is Microsoft Treeview Control.

I selected this and put it on my worksheet. But looking at its
properties, there aren't a lot there.

For instance, how do I tell it where my input values are?

Can someone point me in the right direction so I can start using this?
Thanks.

Dennis Hancy
Eaton Corporation
Cleveland, O

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have a list of parent/child relationships. These values are in a
single column list, and my vision is to put it in a "user friendly"
tree structure, giving the user the option of selecting values from
that.

I have looked in the Object Browser, but have to admit - I am not
terribly familar with what this information tells me. Forgive me if I
ask dumb questions about it.

I did a search on "treeview". It comes back with a screenful of
information. Just not sure how to interpret what this means. Can you
walk me through step-by-step to located this Nodes Add method? And
what it is I am looking for? Thanks again.

Dennis Hancy

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
You might want to consider what you intend to to with it.

Many of the controls are registered there because they have been distributed
with some other application. It doesn't mean you necessarily have the rights
to distribute it nor can you assume that another user will have it on their
machine.

In any event, are you look at it in the object browser. Did you look at the
Nodes add method?

Assuming an MS treeview 6.x or 5.x

Tom Ogilvy