Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default insert fields

Hi all, I have 2 columns a and b
Names1 Names2
brown
smith
jones
grey

How can I merge these 2 columns to get all the names in column 1 but with
names2 being a different font colur or italics or bold for ease of
identification as I am mereging 9000 or so names into column 1 and 4000 are
from column2.
thanks everyone, you have all helped me before and it is greatly appreciated.
--
delmac
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

since from your example none of the cells in column 1
are filled in column 2 in the same row.
therefore you could just copy & paste VALUES only & it would
keep any formatting you've already got in column 2.

but i suspect that somewhere in the huge list both columns in
a row will have an entry.

so if you truly want to "merge" them into a 3rd column
then that's another story.
susan