Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Memory Leak

I am using a VBA macro in Excel 2003 to download data from a server.
The macro opens up a workbook containing equations (functions) in an
Add-In provided by the company who's software is running on the server.

So the process is:
1. Opening the workbook containing the equations pointing to the Add
In, the functions are updated (i.e. data downloaded from server).
2. Copy the results, pastes it in a new workbook (as values), save the
new workbook and close it.

This process is repeated.

I cannot edit or see the code of the Add In (password protected). The
Add In apparently has a memory leak, because my memory is just filling
up (after a +- 30 cycles, I cannot open a new workbook any more - "Out
of memory"). I am sure it is not my code. If I replace all the
equations downloading data from the server with "Rand()", i.e. having
the same number of cells with the same amount of data, my memory usage
stays constant for endless(?) cycles.

So, what I need is some sort of workaround.

Closing Excel clears the memory.

I tried just de-selecting the add-in and then reselecting it
(Tools--Add-Ins), this does not work.

So I think what I need is somehow to automatically close Excel, re-open
it and cary on with the macro. Any ideas?

XL 2007 - Out of Memory - memory leak/bug? PCLIVE Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 23rd 09 03:31 PM
Memory leak query Blue Aardvark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 27th 05 09:01 AM
Memory Leak MD Excel Programming 1 May 28th 04 05:14 PM
Memory Leak GSS[_2_] Excel Programming 1 December 22nd 03 09:21 PM
Memory Leak using ADO 2.6 Jason[_17_] Excel Programming 2 August 26th 03 02:42 PM