Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MD MD is offline

Default Memory Leak

Good day all you VBA addicts,

I'd like to know if anyone has heard about a memory leak. It accurs when
running VBA codes in conjunction with remote desktop ? This leak makes the
codes very unstable and has a 50/50 chance of working correctly or ending
prematurly.

I called MS in CA., they sent me a Hot-fix for the remote connection but
they said that it could like it couldn't work...it didn't.

I use a very simple but very long VBA code that cuts and pastes between 2
files. The code is about 8000 lines long on 15 subs. I've incorporated
plenty of cutcopy mode false to clear the clipboard. I also turned off the
MSOffice clipboard in the registry. This is not a local event. It occurs
on well over 30 computers we have.

I've also reduced the code to see the conduct the connection. All I can say
is the shorter the codes the more STABLE it gets. At about 1000 lines I can
say that I have 90% stability instead of 50%.

Does anyone have a clue on going arround this memory leak?

We run Win98SE to Win XPpro with Office97 to Office XP all with latast
up-dates.

Regards,

Michel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Md,

I use a very simple but very long VBA code that cuts and pastes between 2
files. The code is about 8000 lines long on 15 subs.

I assume these subs are not in a single module?

I've incorporated
plenty of cutcopy mode false to clear the clipboard. I also turned off the
MSOffice clipboard in the registry. This is not a local event. It occurs
on well over 30 computers we have.

It may very well be that there are more efficient ways to do this than by
using the clipboard. Could you show us some relevant code please?

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

XL 2007 - Out of Memory - memory leak/bug? PCLIVE Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 23rd 09 03:31 PM
Memory Leak in Excel ofra Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 August 28th 05 02:20 PM
Memory leak query Blue Aardvark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 27th 05 09:01 AM
Memory Leak GSS[_2_] Excel Programming 1 December 22nd 03 09:21 PM
Memory Leak using ADO 2.6 Jason[_17_] Excel Programming 2 August 26th 03 02:42 PM