Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Input box function in 2007

I don't see how the Input Box function works in 2007. Used to be that you
could set the type for =8, and when you used the function, you could click on
a cell, and the contents or the cell reference was returned. How would I
replicate this type of action in my 2007 Macro?
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

Inputbox function or Inputbox method? Inputbox method is/was

Application.Inputbox(Prompt:="Select Range", Type:=8)

I don't have 2007, so can't help you any more than this.

"Bob-wants-to-know" wrote:

I don't see how the Input Box function works in 2007. Used to be that you
could set the type for =8, and when you used the function, you could click on
a cell, and the contents or the cell reference was returned. How would I
replicate this type of action in my 2007 Macro?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I found the issue -- but that brings up another. In 2007, there are
even tighter restrictions on Macros. Once I reset my Macro Security level to
the most lax, the Macros seemed to run smoothly again. The question I have
now is how to create a "Digitally Signed" macro?

"Bob-wants-to-know" wrote:

I don't see how the Input Box function works in 2007. Used to be that you
could set the type for =8, and when you used the function, you could click on
a cell, and the contents or the cell reference was returned. How would I
replicate this type of action in my 2007 Macro?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

Never dealt w/digital signatures. You might search this site for
information, I know others have asked about it. Some have mentioned using
selfcert.exe or making the workbook an add-in. Don't know how that applies
to 2007. Sorry I can't help you more.