Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default find syntax help please

can someone help me with this. i had it somewhere and can't remember. i want to
find values in a column <=0.

is it something like this?
Find(What:="<=0", LookIn:=xlValues)

--

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Find looks for text or number matches. It does not look for conditions such
as greater than or less than . You will want to traverse through the cells
individually and use an if statement to do the comparison.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

can someone help me with this. i had it somewhere and can't remember. i want to
find values in a column <=0.

is it something like this?
Find(What:="<=0", LookIn:=xlValues)

--

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ok,thanks, jim.
i think it's coming back to me. i saw something like this for criteria in an
autofilter statement, not a find statement.

--

Gary

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

can someone help me with this. i had it somewhere and can't remember. i want
find values in a column <=0.

is it something like this?
Find(What:="<=0", LookIn:=xlValues)

--

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may be able to limit the range to search by using .specialcells and look for
numbers.

The look for the - (minus sign) in the values.

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

can someone help me with this. i had it somewhere and can't remember. i want
find values in a column <=0.

is it something like this?
Find(What:="<=0", LookIn:=xlValues)

--