Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Searchable database

How do I include a macro or command button that when pushed will allow the
user to search the database for a given entry? For example, one page
contains all the pumps at a facility. The purchasing agent wants to search
for the pumps associated with "A" line. I want them to be able to push a
button that prompts them to input "A" line and it will search the spreadsheet
for that entry.

I know this is probably better suited for Access and am looking at that also
but excel is easier to teach someone to use.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

D,

Try teaching the purchasing agent how to use an autofilter on your database. Presumably, you have a
column with values that show which line each pump is associated with - filter the db based on that
column....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP