Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Postscript in a WebQuery Accessing a Russian Website

Hi,
This is new territory for me, and I've spent a while trying to get this
website to return a table of data based on selections other than the
defaults, but not had any luck.

This is the website:
http://www.so-cdu.ru/Reporting/Repor...en_cons_hourly
its a Russian power industry website.
(looking at the source code I think it should appear in English, but
doesn't for me (in England))

The drop downs are for Region and Date, and the data I want to import
is at down below the chart.

No matter what I do it just gives me the default region and today's
date.
Here's my code, which just tries to change the date:

sub Test()
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _

"URL;http://www.so-cdu.ru/Reporting/Reports.aspx?name=gen_cons_hourly",
_
Destination:=Range("A1"))
.PostText = "Date=15.10.2006"
.Name = "Reports.aspx?name=gen_cons_hourly"
End With
End Sub

I've tried different date formats, field names (DATE and date and Date)
but no luck.
I think I must be doing something stupid.

(If I get this working my next challenge is to change the region - and
when I've tried to paste the region names into VBa the Cyrillic
characters don't appear.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Regards,
Dransfield

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Looks like this works for the URL :
http://www.so-cdu.ru/Reporting/Repor...&OES_ID=540000
and drop the .PostText

This line of the source gives the OES_ID values, although I have no idea
what the Russian means:
<HTML
selected.С zСС~~<option value="530000"zС Ц.НТ А<option
value="550000"zС Ю"А<option value="600000"zС С ."Н.T '
z"~<option value="610000"zС С~'~ ~<option
value="630000"zС У АА<option value="840000"zС С.'.
z--АYА"А<option value="540000"zС '
zСТzsА</select</td</tr<tr<td"а,а</td<td<input type=text
name=StartDate value="10.10.2006" size=10<input type="button"
onClick="showCalendar(this, document.all['StartDate'], 'dd.mm.yyyy','ru',1)"
value="..."</td</tr
</HTML

Yes I get all Russian text.

NickHK

"dransfield" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

NickHK wrote:
Looks like this works for the URL :
http://www.so-cdu.ru/Reporting/Repor...&OES_ID=540000
and drop the .PostText

Nick,
Sincerest thanks - you saved my day (/week!)
Regards,
Mark