Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cancel Hyperlink Click

Is there any way to cancel the clicking of a hyperlink?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way is to delete it. You can also right click on it and then click
"Remove Hyperlink".

" wrote:

Is there any way to cancel the clicking of a hyperlink?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, no I mean when the user clicks on it, to conditionally cancel
the loading of the URL.

" wrote:

Is there any way to cancel the clicking of a hyperlink?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The hyperlink is similar to a click event. If you don't click it, it does
nothing. If you do click it, it does something pre-determined by the code
attached to the link. You would have to change the code and to do that you
would have to know where the code resides. I suppose the short answer is no.
But maybe there is someone out there smater than me who can offer some
advice.

" wrote:

Is there any way to cancel the clicking of a hyperlink?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What you could do is set it up so that a condition must be met before the
Hyperlink is displayed. You can use:
If (condidtion is true) then
MySheet.Range(somewhere) = "Hyperlink"
Else