Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Send to mail recipient( as attachment)

Hi!
I have a question about excel programming. I'm not sure if this is
feasible but is it possible to set a default email address in the "To"
field or the "cc" field when a user click on the icon "Send to Mail
Recipient (as attachment)" ?

Do I need to write VBA code to set these two fields? Thank you very
much for any assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi ?

Yes code

See my site for example code or use my add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message ups.com...

Hi!
I have a question about excel programming. I'm not sure if this is
feasible but is it possible to set a default email address in the "To"
field or the "cc" field when a user click on the icon "Send to Mail
Recipient (as attachment)" ?

Do I need to write VBA code to set these two fields? Thank you very
much for any assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Thank you very much for your response. I have downloaded the add-in
and added to Excel.
However, I am not able to see the add-in anywhere.. even with the
Customise window so I can set default email address. I have read
through the user manual and followed the step, but still not able to
see the Customise window or button in Excel to use the SendMail add-in

THanks again

wrote in message ups.com...

Hi!
I have a question about excel programming. I'm not sure if this is
feasible but is it possible to set a default email address in the "To"
field or the "cc" field when a user click on the icon "Send to Mail
Recipient (as attachment)" ?

Do I need to write VBA code to set these two fields? Thank you very
much for any assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry.. I have found the customise window for SendMail.
However, my question is .. is there a way that I can default the "To"
or the CC field of the SendMail.
It seems that the default email was to set for "From".. becuase even
after I set the default email field..
then click on save.. but when the Outlook mail item pops up.. the To
and CC fields are still empty.
If you know the code to set a default email address in teh To or CC
field.. or you can give any hints.. I would really appreciate it..
Thank you for your help!

wrote in message ups.com...

Hi!
I have a question about excel programming. I'm not sure if this is
feasible but is it possible to set a default email address in the "To"
field or the "cc" field when a user click on the icon "Send to Mail
Recipient (as attachment)" ?

Do I need to write VBA code to set these two fields? Thank you very
much for any assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You find t in ToolsSendMail in the menubar

See also the code section if the Add-in is not doing what you want
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message ups.com...

Hi!
I have a question about excel programming. I'm not sure if this is
feasible but is it possible to set a default email address in the "To"
field or the "cc" field when a user click on the icon "Send to Mail
Recipient (as attachment)" ?

Do I need to write VBA code to set these two fields? Thank you very
much for any assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

CtrlGo fill in the default address

Point to the Go button and you can read it

But maybe a macro is easier for you
See link in my other reply

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message ups.com...

Hi!
I have a question about excel programming. I'm not sure if this is
feasible but is it possible to set a default email address in the "To"
field or the "cc" field when a user click on the icon "Send to Mail
Recipient (as attachment)" ?

Do I need to write VBA code to set these two fields? Thank you very
much for any assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you! Yup, I found out that maybe the Add-In is not what I want..
but I have followed ur advice and look at the mail templates that you
have.

I am looking at the Mail Templates, and I am able to set the To and CC
field in the RDBMailOutlook.
I am also looking at the SendMail VBA Code. I was able to change the
code so that it will only include one default email address in the To
and CC field without reading from the "x" row of the RDBMailOutlook
worksheet. My question now is, do I need to add this excel template
sheet in every excel file that I want to use this functionality? Is
there a way that I can add the block of code for Send Mail button as an
"Add-In" so that every Excel spreadsheet that I open up on my computer
will have this Send Mail capability?

Thank you for your guidance and patience.
(I am very new at Excel programming).