Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete ROW if COLUMN = data

Hi,

I am trying to stick the only manual part of my function in to my macro.

Once a load of data has been pasted in to a sheet, a formula in Column J
compares dumped data and returns the country code applicable, alternatively
it puts "---" if there is no code and a #N/A if it is not found.

I need to;
Delete all ROWs which have "---" in column J

Currently the manual way I do it is;
- Sort Ascending, so all data follows on.
- Filter on "---"
- Highlight ROW 1 to whatever, Delete Rows
- Repeat for #N/A

What would be good would be if I could automate this.
Autofilter, Custom Filter "---" OR "#N/A"
This now shows only what I want to delete, I want to delete all these rows
(leaving header information intact).
But it mustn't delete anything in between the filtered rows obviously!

HELP!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Using the SpecialCells function you can delete all rows that match the
criteria #N/A ...

see Ron De Bruin's excellant site on this...

http://www.rondebruin.nl/specialcells.htm

HTH

Philip
"Steve" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Philip,

Thanks for that, I can see potential... Although I have 66,000 rows of data
to deal with! I'll take a look, but if anyone has any other ideas it would
be appreciated.

Steve

"Steve" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub deletedata()
DeleteByAutoFilter 2, "--"
DeleteByAutoFilter 2, "#N/A"

End Sub

Private Sub DeleteByAutoFilter(Col As Long, criteria As String)
Dim iLastRow As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim rng As Range

Rows(1).Insert
Cells(1, Col).Value = "temp"
iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, Col).End(xlUp).Row
Set rng = Cells(1, Col).Resize(iLastRow)
rng.AutoFilter field:=1, Criteria1:=criteria
rng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Dele te
Set rng = Nothing

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steve" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob,

I'm trying to see where it chooses the right column to perform the filter!
Could you poss put some comments in to explain to a dumba$$ like me?

Rgds
Steve