Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Missing Assign Macro Command

A have the following problem. I made a macro in MS Word and then made the
Command Button to the Word page by Control Toolbox Toolbar. Having tried to
assign the macro to the newly created button by right clicking and selecting
Assign macro, I have found that this command is missing in menu. However, I
noticed, there is a difference between creating button by Control Toolbox
Toolbar or Form Toolbar in Excel - assigning macro command is possible only
when button is made by Form Toolbar. But in Word, there is missing Button
icon in Form Toolbar, so I can't create the button which can may have macro
assigned. What am I doing wrong? It already drives me crazy! Many thanks to
everyone for help in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Millan

Double-click the button and you can assign code to the buttons click event,
like this

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Application.Run "TestMacro"

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"Millan" wrote in message
A have the following problem. I made a macro in MS Word and then made the
Command Button to the Word page by Control Toolbox Toolbar. Having tried
assign the macro to the newly created button by right clicking and
selecting
Assign macro, I have found that this command is missing in menu. However,
noticed, there is a difference between creating button by Control Toolbox
Toolbar or Form Toolbar in Excel - assigning macro command is possible
only
when button is made by Form Toolbar. But in Word, there is missing Button
icon in Form Toolbar, so I can't create the button which can may have
macro
assigned. What am I doing wrong? It already drives me crazy! Many thanks
everyone for help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are doing nothing wrong. The Button on the Word Forms Toolbar is not
missing, it does not exist.

Maybe you could find out what other Word users do by posting to a Word news
group?

Or just use the Button from the Control Toolbox as Nick suggests.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP