Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Show Form and Hide Worksheet on Load

Hi, im new to this so would appreciate any help form you peeps.

I wish to open my excel file "tester.xls" and open form on load which I have
successfully managed "BscrapeForm" but I wish to also hide "ThisWorkbook" on
load too.

Could anyone assist with the code.

Thanks in Advance

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know about hiding the workbook but you can hide the sheets by:

Sheets([Insert Sheet name here]).Visible = False

Hope this helps, maybe putting workbook in there might work as well.

Stopher

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sheets([Insert Sheet name here]).Visible = False

Hope this helps, maybe putting workbook in there might work as well.

Cheers mate but unfortunatly it does not like the syntax, maybe I should
reiterate what im trying to do I have written a vba within excel and when
excel application if possible..

Thanks

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chris George wrote:
Sheets([Insert Sheet name here]).Visible = False

Hope this helps, maybe putting workbook in there might work as well.

Cheers mate but unfortunatly it does not like the syntax, maybe I should
reiterate what im trying to do I have written a vba within excel and when
excel application if possible..

Thanks

Chris

Did you put the sheet name in "" ?

Don't think it's going to be possible to not having the host app
running when you have your form showing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Something along the lines of

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.Visible = False
Userform1.Show
Application.Visible = True
End Sub

The application has to open, so you can't totally hide it. It will flash.

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Chris George" wrote in message

Sheets([Insert Sheet name here]).Visible = False

Hope this helps, maybe putting workbook in there might work as well.

Cheers mate but unfortunatly it does not like the syntax, maybe I should
reiterate what im trying to do I have written a vba within excel and when
excel application if possible..

Thanks

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Will the form and/or any of the controls on the form be able to interact with
the worksheets when they are not visible? I know you have to unhide a
worksheet to use it interactively.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Something along the lines of

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.Visible = False
Userform1.Show
Application.Visible = True
End Sub

The application has to open, so you can't totally hide it. It will flash.

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Chris George" wrote in message

Sheets([Insert Sheet name here]).Visible = False

Hope this helps, maybe putting workbook in there might work as well.

Cheers mate but unfortunatly it does not like the syntax, maybe I should
reiterate what im trying to do I have written a vba within excel and when
excel application if possible..

Thanks

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Something along the lines of

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.Visible = False
Userform1.Show
Application.Visible = True
End Sub

The application has to open, so you can't totally hide it. It will flash.

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Thanks Tom that has done the trick exactly how I wanted it!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can certainly work with the sheets/worbooks with code.

I know you have to unhide a
worksheet to use it interactively.

Yes, it would be difficult to manually interact with a worksheet if you
couldn't see it. But the OP wanted to work with it from his Userform - so
that should be no problem.

Tom Ogilvy