Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete A Macro

I know virtually nothing about macros so I am not sure how this happened. It
appears that several macros have attached themselves to dozens of workbooks.
I know there is a macro attached to a workbook because when I open the
workbook it attempts to open another application. I then go to Tools, Macros,
VBE.

When I open the folder called Modules there is something called CODE. When I
delete CODE and reopen the workbook it now does not attempt to open the other
application.

Since there are dozens of workbooks that are affected, is there a simple was
to remove CODE from the workbooks at one time without opening each workbook
individualy?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Since you know virtually nothing about macros, I would suggest that before
you delete any more code, that you check with whoever put the code there.
You could be destroying an entire program that others use.

"Mike" wrote:

I know virtually nothing about macros so I am not sure how this happened. It
appears that several macros have attached themselves to dozens of workbooks.
I know there is a macro attached to a workbook because when I open the
workbook it attempts to open another application. I then go to Tools, Macros,
VBE.

When I open the folder called Modules there is something called CODE. When I
delete CODE and reopen the workbook it now does not attempt to open the other
application.

Since there are dozens of workbooks that are affected, is there a simple was
to remove CODE from the workbooks at one time without opening each workbook
individualy?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Let see if I can explain this better.

I use Excel to download a copy of a financial statement from Oracle to my
desktop. After I download the finacial statement , no other person would be
using the spreadsheet that I have downloaded so I would not be destroying
anything that anyone else might need to use. Once this financial statement
has been downloaded it it essentially static. There is no need for any macro
to exist in this spreadsheet.

I have been downloading spreadsheets such as this since January. For a while
there were no macros that were attached to the spreadsheets after they had
been downloaded. Recently after I had downloaded spreadsheets I noticed this
macro was now present and it was attempting to open another application. Once
a spreadsheet has been downloaded there is no need for this application to be
opened.

"Mike" wrote:

I know virtually nothing about macros so I am not sure how this happened. It
appears that several macros have attached themselves to dozens of workbooks.
I know there is a macro attached to a workbook because when I open the
workbook it attempts to open another application. I then go to Tools, Macros,
VBE.

When I open the folder called Modules there is something called CODE. When I
delete CODE and reopen the workbook it now does not attempt to open the other
application.

Since there are dozens of workbooks that are affected, is there a simple was
to remove CODE from the workbooks at one time without opening each workbook
individualy?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To check for macros and start to slash and burn, ToolsMacroMacros
will show you whats there. Either that, make your excel sheet a window
inside excel and right click on the title bar and select View code.

Have fun destroying stuff. I'd make a backup first.

Regards
Stopher