Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Re-Post - hard formula (Bob Phillips out there anywhere?...)

Hi all,

Following up from a previous thread of mine:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...01b2bb 49a059

Now I need to add an extra condition!

I need the formula to look at one more cell, lets say the cell is J5,
now if there is nothing in column C, and there is a date in either B or

A, and the cell J5 has something beginning with an "N", then the result

needs to be "0".

Is this possible? anyone with a good mind for formulas please please
help, it makes so much sense if you look at the thread above and see
the original formula I need to amend.

Many thanks in advance

Duncan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=IF(OR(COUNTIF(A2:C2,"")=3,AND(AND(ISNUMBER(A2),IS NUMBER(C2)),OR(ISNUMBER(B2
),ISBLANK(B2)))),1,IF(LEFT($J$5,1)<"N",1,0))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Duncan" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

Following up from a previous thread of mine:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...01b2bb 49a059

Now I need to add an extra condition!

I need the formula to look at one more cell, lets say the cell is J5,
now if there is nothing in column C, and there is a date in either B or

A, and the cell J5 has something beginning with an "N", then the result

needs to be "0".

Is this possible? anyone with a good mind for formulas please please
help, it makes so much sense if you look at the thread above and see
the original formula I need to amend.

Many thanks in advance

Duncan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob, you are a genius,

I am still testing but appears to work perfectly.

Many many thanks!

Duncan