Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert Columns of Sensitive Information, and then convert back...

I have confidencial alpha and numeric information on Excel spreadsheets
(columns) that I would like to convert (code crosswalk) to useless
information to others. I would like to be able to convert the data back if I
need to use it. The information is typically patient names and account
numbers that must be kept secure. Usually I strip off the patient
information and retain the other columns, but sometimes I need to audit to
source data to follow-up on issues. Any recommendations how I can do this
to different spreadsheets?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this! -Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You should never distribute a workbook that has secure information in
it and hope that the recipient will not discover that information.

You need to research how to use Excel Addins.

Store all information, including the secure information, into an Addin
Worksheet that resides only on your machine.

Use VBA to copy the non-secure information to a separate distributable
worksheet.